What steps should you take to safeguard your business? Join us as Renée Duff share numerous tips and insights on how to protect your intellectual property (IP), trade secrets, patents, copyrights, trademarks.
On episode 14 of Safeguarding Your Business, we talked about all things IP.
I thought it would be good for you guys to hear straight from a practitioner in the field.
The subject at hand is Renée Duff. Renee currently runs her own private practice, Renée L. Duff, P.C., and is Of Counsel with Lackenbach Siegel, LLP in Scarsdale, New York. Renée’s private practice caters to the needs of entrepreneurs and small businesses that have intellectual property assets as the main focus of their business, and for Lackenbach Siegel’s clients she focuses primarily on US trademark prosecution, title and security interest issues, US Customs matters and domain name registration conflicts and strategies.
In this IP-related episode, you’ll learn about:
- What is Intellectual Property in layman’s terms.
- Brief explanation of the four basic types of IP (trademarks, patents, copyrights, and trade secrets) and how do you determine what you need and when.
- What steps can you take if you believe your IP has been stolen. Also, do you need to pursue international protection.
- What is a Cease and Desist letter and how do I respond to one.
- What are the benefits of and strategies for IP within small businesses and for entrepreneurs.
- How you can leverage your business’ IP to attract investors.
- Renée Duff
I value every review I receive, and often read them out on the show. If you take the time to leave one, THANK YOU!